Can't edit my site on 000webhost

I tried so many times to edit this site http://herpesrelief.webege.com/ that i created ages ago. I get so fed up that i end up leaving it until the next time they inform me that it will be removed. I tried erasing and recreating so many times and each time i could not remember the passwords. I did write them down and whatever i wrote down did not work. I have only ever had this trouble with this website. never had the trouble with any other site that i used to create websites. Freehosts i mean. I write down ever password and username i have ever had. Don’t know whats going on. Its also very confusing because there are ftp passwords and well just too many areas of the site to log into.

Hello,

You must enter in “Members Area”, your email, your 000webhost password and the captcha.

If you have forgotten your password you use the tool “Forgot password

No i can’t get into the ftp thing and some other area. No matter what i do this site seems to be really buggy! I reset ftp or passwords and other whatevers. I just can’t remember. The site is so complicated. I don’t remember what part of the site i used to build the site mentioned so i don’t know what tool or whatever to get into. Just don’t know where to start

write down? Who writes? we copy and paste and save to text file.
I have about 30 passwords I have about 50 accounts here and there and not all of them are the same name, user, email or pass. You can’t blame 000webhost for any of this to be honest with you. Bottom line is, 000web does nothing different than any other good webhosting provider does. Don’t know what else to tell you.

I just mean figuratively speaking i write something down. Many times i have reset whatever password and then i still can’t log in. Ever since i joined this site i have had the same problem. Pretty frustrated. I thought at least someone could look at the site that i created and tell me which whatever thing i might have used. I am used to building from scratch html sites in freehosts nothing more. Never done java or whatever other stuff this site has. I am no professional thats for sure but done html for over 13 years. Always having problems. There are so many parts/choices to this site that i do not understand and when something works which takes too long i forget how i got there

lol sorry did not realize you have been here since (Join Date: Jul 2009) I think I should have shown you a little more courtesy :smiley: Lack of sleep.
I guess when you stop doing something for awhile, you tend to forget stuff, I can relate.

oh thats ok i am at a loss for sleep too. Very late here too. Wish i could sort this out :0(

I still dont know what you really need, I thought **d3iti **answered your question. Was there something else?

No you need to read what i said!

Well here is the example of a filezilla ftp log in

Is this what you forget how to use?

I don’t know what filezilla is. Is that software that you have installed because i have nothing installed from the site. I did whatever i did within the site. If i could find what area of the site i built my site that is posted in the original thread at the beginning of this then i would know where the ftp log in is. I am looking at the cpanel right now and nothing looks like anything i can recognise. I have no idea where to start.

Filezilla is the ftp program some of use to view our folders/files on our site rather than using the c-panel
http://filezilla-project.org/download.php

I use linux not windows so no use to me. I am sure there is something in linux too but thats not the point. The logging in and the site not working is the problem. Maybe thats why you guys haven’t noticed a problem because your not using the cpanel. Anyway i am sure i can trace whats happening if i could remember what i used in the cpanel

I use the c-panel when I need to create a database or repair a broken table and I log into my c-panel often but the log in to my c-panel and the log in to my ftp program are different user name and pass word.

Cpanel log in is
email
pass
captcha

BTW, there is filezilla for Linux, Win and MAC.

Yes i can get into cpanel. thats not what i asked. I don’t know what i used to create the website i created which i now cannot edit. I don’t know how or what part of cpanel i used. I don’t want filezilla. Thats not the issue right now. Sorry just want to find what i used to build and if i need the ftp thing then i will need those details. No use something that i don’t use , didn’t use and don’t need yet or might not ever need

Ok, I will take a shot in the dark here and say that you used the website builder that comes with 000web? Or maybe you did something via fantastico? I am guessing that you must have used the websitebuilder

Ok it says it right on you site that you used
http://www.000webhost.com/website-builder

Yep they are possible. I think ages ago i went into each one of them and tried to find something that looked right or something that i could use to edit…i got nowhere. I think i used some kind of template but because i have other websites with other freehosts that are of a much more simple nature i don’t remember. I tried to sort all this out probably as long as a year ago. Stuff happened(personal life maybe) and i couldn’t get into editing whatever back then…continue whatever. So everything i did i forgot. I keep passwords and usernames so that was never i thought an issue. But it became an issue when i tried probably everything in the cpanel with whatever usernames/passwords and got nowhere. Including logging into the site itself. I mean 000webhost. Anyway too tired. Very late and need to sleep. Will try and do some screenshots of new attempts tomorrow. I got on this forum many months ago and no one responded so i was surprised and not prepared for the response…thanks