CNAME method not successful

Hello. Parked domain being unsuccessful, I followed instructions in the tuto for CNAME. Below is a copy of the google result. Nevertheless, when using the www.lesbellesdeprovence.com shortname, the appearance of the website is not correct. Can you please tell me how to shorten the name of the website and get the same appearance as when using xxxx.000webhostapp.com name? Thanks for your help.

I think your site is fine you just need to configure your script with your new URL instead of the 000webhostapp url

Thank you for the response. Can you please clarify what you mean by configure your script ? When I look at the table in “my domain” it still shows “parked” in front of main domain and “Subdomain” in front of the subdomain with www. Is that correct or should it be “CNAME” instead and do I need to do something else? It is strange to me that just the images and the css do not load while using the subdomain.

That’s what it will say, but your setup is fine.

Are you able to park it using nameservers?

What prevented my site to display normally were some mysterious files in my folders containing the images and the css files named htaccess and htpassword. Removing the files allowed the site to display well.